One full year of free yoga all yoga classes are free. This does not include workshops and events. We provide many types of healing yoga, Iyengar, Kundalini, and yoga with weights. The value of this scholarship is over $1000.00.
1. Essay must be 2000 words or less. Answer the following question in the form of an essay. Why should Marmalade at Smokebrush choose you for the one year scholarship?
2. Please include some information about yourself with this essay: name, address, email address, phone number, where you are from, your age, how long have you been practicing yoga, how are you involved with the community, what are you doing with your life? (Art will be accepted also).
3. Interviews will be held after the essays have been reviewed.
4. Essays must be mailed or dropped off to: 219 W. Colorado Ave. Colorado Springs, CO 80903.
5. Letter of reference
1. You have until the 28th of February 2013 to submit your essay. (This essay must be complete with all requirements by this date).
2. If you win the scholarship you must come to 10 yoga classes a month. If you miss you will need to let us know that you are not able to come. We understand injuries, life, and vacations happen. If you cannot commit to come this often we would like to give this to someone that can. (If this rule is not followed the scholarship will be given to the runner up).
3. If you are chosen you will have one week after we call and email you to set up an appointment for an interview. If you do not reply within this time we will chose another applicant.
4. You must have taken yoga at Marmalade at Smokebrush, at least by using your first free week in order to apply.
5. Incomplete, e-mailed or faxed essays will not be considered.
*In the case that you do not win the scholarship you can always apply for our yoga exchange program. Where we trade working hours at Marmalade at Smokebrush for unlimited free yoga.