02 Feb Smokebrush lawsuit heads to Colorado Supreme Court
From the Colorado Springs Independent:
On March 4, 2013, Kat Tudor stood in a parking lot in downtown Colorado Springs and got slapped in the face with dust from the lot next door. “I was covered with dirt and choking,” she recalled a few weeks later.
Crews were busy tearing down a brick utilities office building next door to the Trestle Building, where Tudor owns two suites. That dirt, she suspected, held cancer-causing contamination from a city gasification plant that stood there a century ago. She felt sick for days. So later that month, she and her business partner, Don Goede, along with her Smokebrush Foundation, filed suit against the city and the demolition firm it hired to raze the utilities building. They alleged they were harmed when the city and contractor “allowed asbestos, heavy metals and other toxic substances to migrate offsite.”
Click here to read more from the Colorado Springs Independent: